At Crawford & O’Brien, we know that education is a crucial first step to building a successful career in business. We’ve been expanding in a field so new that it hasn’t been seen much in formal education, and that just makes us more thankful for the great formal education we and our team members have received.
But as education becomes more and more important to a person’s success, so has the cost of achieving that education. In fact, 71 percent of recent college graduates have an average of $29,400 in student loans taken out. This number increases by 6 percent every year, making it a serious roadblock to success.
That’s why, as Crawford & O’Brien continues to have success, we find it important to give back to today’s students and help them achieve their career goals in the long run.
We’ve established the Crawford & O’Brien Scholarship, which will award two $250 prize to two college students during the 2018-2019 school year to be used toward tuition or purchasing books. These students must be able to explain the uses and benefits of various essential oils (listed below) in a short (800-1000 words) but well-researched and source-documented essay.
- Be a college student taking a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester with regular progress toward a four-year degree.
- Be an Arizona resident.
- Demonstrate outstanding dedication to education and leadership qualities.
- Write a 800-1000 word essay about the uses or benefits of one of the following essential oils:
- Cedarwood Oil
- Cypress Oil
- Turpentine Oil
- Chamomile Oil
- Sage Oil
- Texas Oil
- Ginger Oil
- Hyssop Oil
- Vanilla Oil
- Black Oil
- Two $250 cash scholarships will be awarded during the 2018-2019 school year.
- Essays will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of members of Crawford & O’Brien’s executive team. The winning essay will be selected based on originality and quality of writing.
- Submission deadline: Dec 31, 2019
- Winners will be notified via email and announced on our Facebook Page on June 1 and the top five essays will be posted on our website.
- Applicants agree that essays submitted to Crawford & O’Brien may be displayed in our marketing materials, including, but not limited to, our social media outlets and website with their name displayed but for no compensation.
- Employees and affiliates of Crawford & O’Brien are not eligible to apply.
- To submit your entry, by e-mail to email@example.com